Tooth decay is a common oral disease of all ages, especially children. Prolonged period of tooth decay can lead to pulpitis, tooth abscess, infection … So what should children with cavities eat and not eat to help the disease improve quickly?
Children with tooth decay, parents have to do?
Tooth decay is a condition in which cavities appear, which results in destruction of the tooth structure of bacteria. If your baby has tooth decay that is not treated in time, the cavity will get bigger, even it can cause marrow inflammation and fracture.
So when your child has cavities, take him to the dentistry as soon as possible. If not able to see a doctor immediately, the mother can apply some ways to reduce baby toothache to deal temporarily. However, please keep in mind that these methods are only effective for new incipient teeth.
Besides, mothers should also pay attention to the diet and daily activities of the baby to prevent tooth decay spreading. Knowing what children with tooth decay should eat and what fasting will help children reduce pain.
Children with cavities should eat?
When a baby has cavities, his teeth are quite weak and sensitive. So what should a child with cavities eat?
- Children with cavities should eat? It is impossible to ignore protein rich foods such as meat, fish, eggs, cheese … that protect teeth.
- Sugar xyliton, sorbitol are ingredients in non-fermented alcohol, they also have a protective effect on teeth.
- Fat will form a thin layer of oil on the tooth surface, they reduce the effect of sugar so that food does not cling too much.
- Children with cavities should eat? Children should eat foods rich in calcium such as dairy products, shrimp shells, nuts … to make enamel stronger.
- Fiber-rich foods like cucumbers, cauliflower, cabbage, zucchini, turnips, pumpkin, grapefruit, almonds, lettuce, melon, carrots, etc. help clean up food stuck on teeth. Thereby reducing alkaline in the teeth, supporting the circulation of teeth to bring strong teeth.
Children with tooth decay should not eat?
Here are some foods a mother should stay away from if her baby is having cavities:
- Foods with a lot of sugar such as jam, dried fruits, confectionery, tea …
- Hot spicy foods, spicy foods will irritate the toothache.
- Soda water, too hot water or too cold water … will make gums irritated.
- Hot foods such as chicken, sticky rice, sticky rice … because they will make the swelling worse.
- Hard foods, flexible foods, and tough foods need a lot of force to chew. They will affect the caries that cause toothache.
Instructions for dental care for children with toothache
Dental care is a problem that you should be concerned about when your child has cavities. Because proper oral hygiene will help children reduce sensitivity, limit tooth decay to other areas of the oral cavity. So what is the way to take care of the teeth for children when they have cavities?
How to brush teeth for children
First, use physiological saline or diluted saline to relieve pain for the baby. Next, use a small, soft-bristled toothbrush and appropriate toothpaste to gently brush in the mouth. Be careful brushing your teeth, do not ignore the teeth and do not forget to clean the tongue.
Do not allow children to brush their teeth immediately after eating because the enamel is softer than usual so the toothbrush will erode the enamel. It is best to wait for about 30 minutes for children to brush their teeth for saliva to recover, balance the minerals of the teeth.
She can easily find floss at the drug stores around her. Mothers can use floss in the form of rolls or bows to clean the teeth between children after eating.
Using mouthwash is the final step after brushing and flossing to remove plaque and remaining bacteria. Choose mouthwash for children by age, do not let children use mouthwash with adults to avoid damaging their teeth.
However, no matter how well a child gets their oral hygiene, this will only eliminate 60-70% of the bacteria that form tartar. Therefore, to ensure your baby’s oral health , please send him / her to the dentist for dental checkup every 6 months.
Wishing the whole family always happy, healthy and happy.